Who Is Grafted In
I say then, Hath God cast away his people? God forbid. For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin.
- Who is God’s people? All the Twelve Tribes of Israel of the Northern and Southern Kingdom.
- Deuteronomy 14:2 For thou art an holy people unto the Lord thy God, and the Lord hath chosen thee to be a peculiar people unto himself, above all the nations that are upon the earth.
God hath not cast away his people which he foreknew.
- Isaiah 43:1 But now thus saith the Lord that created thee, O Jacob, and he that formed thee, O Israel, Fear not: for I have redeemed thee, I have called thee by thy name; thou art mine.
Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.
- Jeremiah 31:7 For thus saith the Lord; Sing with gladness for Jacob, and shout among the chief of the nations: publish ye, praise ye, and say, O Lord, save thy people, the remnant of Israel.
What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded.
- All twelve tribes are called by Israel, Even though they have been divided into two Kingdoms.
- Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh is referring to Judah; The Southern Kingdom, Those that do not believe Jesus is the Messiah of Israel
- But The Election Hath Obtained It, Refers to the part of the Jews of the Southern Kingdom that believe Jesus is the Messiah.
- John 8:31 Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;
- The Rest Were Blinded: Refers to the Jews of the Southern Kingdom that do not believe Jesus is the Messiah.
- John 8:24 I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.
(According as it is written, God hath given them the spirit of slumber, eyes that they should not see, and ears that they should not hear;) unto this day.
- Isaiah 56:10 His watchmen are blind: they are all ignorant, they are all dumb dogs, they cannot bark; sleeping, lying down, loving to slumber.
And David saith, Let their table be made a snare, and a trap, and a stumblingblock, and a recompence unto them:
- Who is David?
- Acts 13:22-23 22 And when he had removed him, he raised up unto them David to be their king; to whom also he gave their testimony, and said, I have found David the son of Jesse, a man after mine own heart, which shall fulfil all my will. 23 Of this man’s seed hath God according to his promise raised unto Israel a Saviour, Jesus:
- Psalm 69:22 Let their table become a snare before them: and that which should have been for their welfare, let it become a trap.
Let their eyes be darkened, that they may not see, and bow down their back alway.
- Psalm 69:23 Let their eyes be darkened, that they see not; and make their loins continually to shake.
I say then, Have they stumbled that they should fall? God forbid: but rather through their fall salvation is come unto the Gentiles, for to provoke them to jealousy.
- Who Stumbled? That Who Should Fall? The Southern Kingdom, called Jews.
- Isaiah 8:14-15 14 And he shall be for a sanctuary; but for a stone of stumbling and for a rock of offence to both the houses of Israel, for a gin and for a snare to the inhabitants of Jerusalem. 15 And many among them shall stumble, and fall, and be broken, and be snared, and be taken.
- Through Who’s Fall? Through the fall of the Southern Kingdom, called Jews — Salvation is come unto the Gentiles.
- John 4:22 Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews.
- Who Are The Gentiles? The Northern Kingdom of Israel are Referred To As Gentiles
- Hosea 8:8 Israel is swallowed up: now shall they be among the Gentiles as a vessel wherein is no pleasure.
- Who Is Being Provoked To Jealousy? The Southern Kingdom (The Jews) are being provoked to jealousy
Now if the fall of them be the riches of the world, and the diminishing of them the riches of the Gentiles; how much more their fulness?
- The Fall Of Who? The Southern Kingdom (The Jews).
- Matthew 21:43 Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof.
- The Diminishing Of Who? The Southern Kingdom (The Jews).
- Isaiah 37:31 And the remnant that is escaped of the house of Judah shall again take root downward, and bear fruit upward:
For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office:
- Who Are The Gentiles? The Northern Kingdom of the Ten Tribes that are scattered are Referred To As Gentiles.
- John 7:35 Then said the Jews among themselves, Whither will he go, that we shall not find him? will he go unto the dispersed among the Gentiles, and teach the Gentiles?
- John 11:49-52
- 49 And one of them, named Caiaphas, being the high priest that same year, said unto them, Ye know nothing at all,
- 50 Nor consider that it is expedient for us, that one man should die for the people, and that the whole nation perish not.
- 51 And this spake he not of himself: but being high priest that year, he prophesied that Jesus should die for that nation;
- 52 And not for that nation only, but that also he should gather together in one the children of God that were scattered abroad.
If by any means I may provoke to emulation them which are my flesh, and might save some of them.
- Provoke Who To Emulation? The Southern Kingdom called Jews.
- 2 Corinthians 11:22 Are they Hebrews? so am I. Are they Israelites? so am I. Are they the seed of Abraham? so am I.
- Philippians 3:5 Circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, an Hebrew of the Hebrews; as touching the law, a Pharisee;
- 1 Corinthians 9:20 And unto the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might gain the Jews; to them that are under the law, as under the law, that I might gain them that are under the law;
For if the casting away of them be the reconciling of the world, what shall the receiving of them be, but life from the dead?
- Casting Away Of Who? The Southern Kingdom called Jews.
- Who Is Being Reconciled? The Northern Kingdom of the Ten Tribes that are Referred To As Gentiles.
- 2 Corinthians 5:19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.
- John 1:29 The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.
- Romans 3:20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.
- Romans 5:13 (For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law.
- Galatians 3:23 But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed.
- Galatians 4:4 But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,
- Galatians 4:5 To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.
- John 1:11-12
- 11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not.
- 12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
- John 17:9 I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine.
- Isaiah 46:3 Hearken unto me, O house of Jacob, and all the remnant of the house of Israel, which are borne by me from the belly, which are carried from the womb:
- Ephesians 1:4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:
- Isaiah 10:22 For though thy people Israel be as the sand of the sea, yet a remnant of them shall return: the consumption decreed shall overflow with righteousness.
For if the firstfruit be holy, the lump is also holy: and if the root be holy, so are the branches.
- Who Is The Firstfruit? The Southern Kingdom called Jews.
- Zechariah 2:12 And the Lord shall inherit Judah his portion in the holy land, and shall choose Jerusalem again.
- Zechariah 12:7 The Lord also shall save the tents of Judah first, that the glory of the house of David and the glory of the inhabitants of Jerusalem do not magnify themselves against Judah.
And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree, wert grafted in among them, and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree;
- Who Was Broken Off? The Southern Kingdom called Jews.
- Amos 2:4 Thus saith the Lord; For three transgressions of Judah, and for four, I will not turn away the punishment thereof; because they have despised the law of the Lord, and have not kept his commandments, and their lies caused them to err, after the which their fathers have walked:
- Who Is The Wild Olive? The Northern Kingdom of the Ten Tribes Referred To As Gentiles
- Isaiah 11:11 And it shall come to pass in that day, that the Lord shall set his hand again the second time to recover the remnant of his people, which shall be left, from Assyria, and from Egypt, and from Pathros, and from Cush, and from Elam, and from Shinar, and from Hamath, and from the islands of the sea.
- Isaiah 49:6 And he said, It is a light thing that thou shouldest be my servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob, and to restore the preserved of Israel: I will also give thee for a light to the Gentiles, that thou mayest be my salvation unto the end of the earth.
- Galatians 3:14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.
- Ephesians 3:6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:
Boast not against the branches. But if thou boast, thou bearest not the root, but the root thee.
- Who Are The Branches? The Southern Kingdom, called Jews.
- Who Is The Root? The Southern Kingdom, called Jews.
Thou wilt say then, The branches were broken off, that I might be grafted in.
- Who Is Grafted In? The Northern Kingdom of the Ten Tribes, Referred to as Gentiles.
Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear:
- Who Was Broken Off? The Southern Kingdom, called Jews.
- Who Is Standing By Faith? The Northern Kingdom of the Ten Tribes, Referred to as Gentiles.
For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee.
- Who Are The Natural Branches? The Southern Kingdom, called Jews.
Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.
- Who Fell? The Southern Kingdom, called Jews.
- Who Is The Goodness For? The Northern Kingdom of the Ten Tribes, Referred to as Gentiles
And they also, if they abide not still in unbelief, shall be grafted in: for God is able to graft them in again.
- If Who Shall Abide Not Still In Unbelief? The Southern Kingdom, called Jews.
- Who Shall Be Grafted In Again? The Southern Kingdom, called Jews.
For if thou wert cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and wert grafted contrary to nature into a good olive tree: how much more shall these, which be the natural branches, be grafted into their own olive tree?
- Who Was Cut Out Of The Olive Tree Which Is Wild By Nature? The Northern Kingdom of the Ten Tribes, Referred to as Gentiles.
- 1 Corinthians 12:2 Ye know that ye were Gentiles, carried away unto these dumb idols, even as ye were led.
- Who Was Grated Contrary To Nature Into A Good Olive Tree? The Northern Kingdom of the Ten Tribes, Referred to as Gentiles.
- Who Are The Natural Branches? The Southern Kingdom, called Jews.
- Who Shall Be Grafted Into Their Own Olive Tree? The Southern Kingdom, called Jews.
For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.
- Who Should Not Be Ignorant? The Northern Kingdom of the Ten Tribes, Referred to as Gentiles.
- Who Has Blindness In Part Happened To? The Southern Kingdom, called Jews.
- Who Are The Fullness Of The Gentiles That Will Come In? The Northern Kingdom of the Ten Tribes, Referred to as Gentiles.
And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:
- Who Is All Israel? All The Twelve Tribes of Israel of the Northern and Southern Kingdom.
- Ezekiel 37:19 Say unto them, Thus saith the Lord God; Behold, I will take the stick of Joseph, which is in the hand of Ephraim, and the tribes of Israel his fellows, and will put them with him, even with the stick of Judah, and make them one stick, and they shall be one in mine hand.
- Ezekiel 37:21 And say unto them, Thus saith the Lord God; Behold, I will take the children of Israel from among the heathen, whither they be gone, and will gather them on every side, and bring them into their own land:
- Ezekiel 37:22 And I will make them one nation in the land upon the mountains of Israel; and one king shall be king to them all: and they shall be no more two nations, neither shall they be divided into two kingdoms any more at all.
For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.
- Who Is The Covenant With? The Covenant is with All of Israel.
- Genesis 17:7 And I will establish my covenant between me and thee and thy seed after thee in their generations for an everlasting covenant, to be a God unto thee, and to thy seed after thee.
- Genesis 17:21 But my covenant will I establish with Isaac, which Sarah shall bear unto thee at this set time in the next year.
- Exodus 2:24 And God heard their groaning, and God remembered his covenant with Abraham, with Isaac, and with Jacob.
- Exodus 6:4 And I have also established my covenant with them, to give them the land of Canaan, the land of their pilgrimage, wherein they were strangers.
- Jeremiah 31:31 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:
- Jeremiah 31:33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the Lord, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.
- Acts 3:25 Ye are the children of the prophets, and of the covenant which God made with our fathers, saying unto Abraham, And in thy seed shall all the kindreds of the earth be blessed.
- Matthew 1:21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save his people from their sins.
As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the father’s sakes.
- Concerning The Gospel, Who Are The Enemies? The Southern Kingdom, called Jews.
- For Who’s Sake Are They Enemies? For the Sake of the Northern Kingdom of the Ten Tribes, Referred to as Gentiles.
- As Touching The Election, Who Are Beloved For The Father’s Sake? The Southern Kingdom, called Jews.
- Hebrews 7:14 For it is evident that our Lord sprang out of Juda; of which tribe Moses spake nothing concerning priesthood.
For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance.
For as ye in times past have not believed God, yet have now obtained mercy through their unbelief:
- Who In Times Past Have Not Believed God? The Northern Kingdom of the Ten Tribes, Referred to as Gentiles.
- 1 Thessalonians 4:5 Not in the lust of concupiscence, even as the Gentiles which know not God:
Even so have these also now not believed, that through your mercy they also may obtain mercy.
- Who Are These Also Who Have Not Believed? The Southern Kingdom, called Jews.
- Through Who’s Mercy Will They Obtain Mercy? Through the Northern Kingdom of the Ten Tribes, Referred to as Gentiles.
For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all.
- Who Is Them All? All of the Twelve Tribes of Israel of the Northern and Southern Kingdom.
- Romans 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;