My first question to you is Why are you a 501c3 Non-Profit Organization?
According to the IRS, churches are automatically considered tax exempt and are not required to apply for and obtain recognition of tax-exempt status from the IRS.
Do You need a 501c3 for a church?
Churches that meet the requirements of IRC Section 501(c)(3) are automatically considered tax exempt and are not required to apply for and obtain recognition of tax-exempt status from the IRS.
Publication 1828 – IRS.gov
Secondly, Do you realized that you are now a Business Corporate Entity With The Government (Essentially a Church Institution for the Government)? It’s mixing clean with unclean. It’s being unequally yoked.
We already have a name. We are called by the name of the LORD God. We know who we are. We do not have to re-identify ourselves by the world’s standards. We do not need a Business Name or a Church Building to obey the LORD’s commandments (Matthew 28:19-20 – Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen).
We are not of this world.
Matthew 16:18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.
John 17:14-18 I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world. I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil. They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world. Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth. As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world.
Aug 31, 2016 – Form 1023, Application for Recognition of Exemption Under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Organizations file this form to apply for recognition of exemption from federal income tax under section 501(c)(3).
When you fill out that Application, you are in covenant with the Government. You are signing a contract with the God of this world. You are giving up your Kingdom Authority for Earthly compensation?
Section 501(c)(3) Organizations – Internal Revenue Service
Personal benefit contracts. Generally, charitable deductions won’t be allowed for a transfer to, or for the use of, a section 501(c)(3) or (c)(4) organization if in …
When you incorporate, you are no different than all the rest of the so-called churches (Catholic, Protestant, Baptist, Methodist, or any other Denomination or Non-Denomination)? We don’t need to own property or build and buy a building.
2 Corinthians 6:17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you.
Revelation 18:4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.
Do not be deceived. The world has made the process for you to incorporate what the LORD has established easy and it sounds good.
Matthew 16:18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
Matthew 7:13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
Just because every body else is doing it, doesn’t make it right.
1 Peter 5:2 Feed the flock of God which is among you, taking the oversight thereof, not by constraint, but willingly; not for filthy lucre, but of a ready mind;
Are you a hireling?
Matthew 10:8 Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give.
Luke 16:13 No servant can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.
Top Ten Tips to shorten the tax-exempt application process
Following these simple tips can save time and effort
Provide the required information on the principal officers and board of directors. List the following information for the principal officers and board of directors:
a) Names; b) Mailing addresses; c) Titles and Positions; d) Annual compensation
9. Ensure a director, trustee, principal officer or other authorized individual signs the Form 1023 or Form 1024. Generally, a principal officer is the president, vice president, secretary or treasurer. The person signing the application must indicate his or her title or other authority to sign. A taxpayer’s representative may not sign the application. An original signature is required. Forms 1023 and 1024 cannot be signed electronically, with a signature stamp or by fax.
8. Don’t forget to submit a copy of adopted by-laws, code of regulations or any other document that sets out the organization’s rules of operation, but only if adopted.
7. Include all of the necessary financial data. See the instructions to Form 1023 to determine how much information you need to provide, based on how long your organization has existed.
6. Include the month the organization’s annual accounting period ends.The accounting period ending date on the application should match the date stated in your by-laws, on financial statements, and on any prior returns filed.
5. Attach all required Some lines require supporting schedules. Check all line items on financial statements.
4. Complete all required The information contained on each page and schedule of Form 1023 and Form 1024 is necessary for the IRS to make a determination about your tax-exempt status. Form 1023 has various schedules and pages that must be filled out for churches, schools, hospitals, scholarships, supporting organizations and certain other organizations.
3. Provide enough information about the organization’s activities to show us how it will achieve the exempt purpose. Please don’t restate the purpose. Explain the specific activities that will achieve that purpose. Consider a “who, what, when, where, why and how” approach. Explain past, present, and planned activities. If you haven’t started activity yet, develop plans that provide a clear understanding of how your organization will operate. It is not necessary to describe activities that are speculative at this time.
2. Attach a complete copy of the organizing document and all amendments. If the applicant is a corporation, include a complete copy of the articles of incorporation that shows it has been filed with and approved by the state. If the applicant is not incorporated, include a similar organizing document such as a constitution, articles of association, or by-laws. At a minimum, it should state the legal name, the purposes and the date of adoption. At least two members of the organization should sign the document. A trust document must be signed by the trustees and show the date of formation. For section 501(c)(3) applicants, the organizing document must comply with the organizational test for exemption.
The Number 1 tip to reduce delays in processing exempt organization applications is . . .
INCLUDE THE CORRECT USER FEE!
Ensure the application includes a check or money order made payable to the United States Treasury for the appropriate user fee.
Following these ten tips can help shorten the time it takes to process an application for tax-exempt status. A correctly completed application, sent with all required documents and schedules has a good chance of being accepted with no further contact. If contact is necessary, the IRS agent can address the technical issues that need resolution without taking up time to get a completed application.
Our LORD told us to render unto Caesar what is Caesar’s.
Matthew 22:21 They say unto him, Caesar’s. Then saith he unto them, Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar’s; and unto God the things that are God’s.
Mark 12:17 And Jesus answering said unto them, Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar’s, and to God the things that are God’s. And they marvelled at him.
Luke 20:25 And he said unto them, Render therefore unto Caesar the things which be Caesar’s, and unto God the things which be God’s.
We do not need the Authority of the IRS to do what we are Called To Do.
Matthew 21:23 And when he was come into the temple, the chief priests and the elders of the people came unto him as he was teaching, and said, By what authority doest thou these things? and who gave thee this authority?
Matthew 21:24 And Jesus answered and said unto them, I also will ask you one thing, which if ye tell me, I in like wise will tell you by what authority I do these things.
Matthew 21:27 And they answered Jesus, and said, We cannot tell. And he said unto them, Neither tell I you by what authority I do these things.
Mark 11:28 And say unto him, By what authority doest thou these things? and who gave thee this authority to do these things?
Mark 11:29 And Jesus answered and said unto them, I will also ask of you one question, and answer me, and I will tell you by what authority I do these things.
Mark 11:33 And they answered and said unto Jesus, We cannot tell. And Jesus answering saith unto them, Neither do I tell you by what authority I do these things.
Mark 13:34 For the Son of Man is as a man taking a far journey, who left his house, and gave authority to his servants, and to every man his work, and commanded the porter to watch.
Luke 20:2 And spake unto him, saying, Tell us, by what authority doest thou these things? or who is he that gave thee this authority?
Luke 20:8 And Jesus said unto them, Neither tell I you by what authority I do these things.
We are in the world but We are not of this world.
John 18:36 Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.
This world is in the hands of the Gentiles.
Luke 21:24 And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.
The god of this world is the devil.
Revelation 12:9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.
2 Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.